Luxury Home Buyers
“The housing market is being driven by the move-up buyer, the luxury buyer,” Brad Hunter, chief economist and director of consulting at Metrostudy, told The New York Times. “And those who have strong incomes, secure jobs, their stock portfolio is doing well — they are able to buy whatever they want. And what they are buying is larger houses.”
What are some of the features and amenities luxury home buyers look for? Here are five of the most popular ones:
- According to a survey conducted by Coldwell Banker, an open floor plan is the main feature high-end homebuyers want.
- We have all seen the commercials where someone is able to remotely lock the front door and turn on the lights at home using a smartphone. Technology has come so far. Whether it is a television on the bathroom wall or remote-controlled window shades in the master bedroom, luxury home owners want to take advantage of all the benefits automation devices offer throughout the home.
- A restaurant-quality kitchen greatly enhances a luxury home. Sought-after features of the kitchen include commercial-grade appliances, warming drawers, and a wine cellar.
- A place to relax as a sanctuary from the rest of the world is the purpose of a master bedroom suite. The bedroom area should include, among other things, a massive, comfortable bed; a sitting area; and a walk-in closet. A dressing room off the bedroom allows for private dressing and a place to keep high-end clothing and accessories. Ensure the walls of the dressing room are made of cedar with several floor-length mirrors and excellent lighting. Finally, there should be a spa bathroom that offers a whirlpool tub, walk-in shower with full-body water jets, towel warmers, and floors with radiant heat.
- The outdoor kitchen and cooking area is a must for entertaining. A fully stocked outdoor kitchen has a built-in gas grill, sink, stainless food prep area, small fridge for drinks and, of course, plenty of seating.
Are you looking for a luxury home in the South Orange County area? Contact us, and the trained and licensed agents of The Feldman Group will find your perfect home.